Saturday, March 6, 2010

Piper


So here is one of the chicks we purchased from Paul's Poultry. He raises such beautiful Wyandottes, that we had to purchase some! Kansas weather has been loopy and so I suppose when the chicks were sent over, we had a few casualties. This little guy was stuck with another little one who died later on :(

Anyways, so this is Piper :) The little peeper will not eat regular chick chow and peeps to be fed egg yolk and egg whites... funny thing is, he won't eat the yolk, just the whites. I even tried sneaking in chick chow into snacks. Nope. He sure does love mealworms!

His other siblings are about doubled his size, but I'll take care of him 'til I can find him some friends his size. I went to go pick up Silkies, but the guy who was suppose to order them for me didn't purchase any. I may be getting some silkies and red jungle fowl to be his 'new' siblings.

Anywho, this little guy is ornery. I remember laying in bed at night listening to him peep, because he is so imprinted on me. He will dance and jump and hop and scout and explore all while in the protective shelter and guard of Mama Hen-Who-Lacks-Fuzzy-Butt = me. lol

I believe he is a Golden Laced Wyandotte and he sure does look fierce. His little eyes are always set back in this angry I-will-eat-you or blow-fire-like-a-dragon look. You'd have to see it to believe me. He's living in the living room now in an apple box lid :)
Anyways, I gotta scad-daddle! Keep in touch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment